Sunday, August 25, 2013

Taking time

Taking time
Another short entry today as I close out my get away weekend.  I don't always take time to "get away".  I take vacations.  I enjoy long weekends.  The problem is that I usually plan out my activities for the vacations and long weekends so completely that I don't always take time.  I had a loose schedule this weekend.  I could attend some seminars or not.  I could attend some parties or not.  I was determined that I would not wander off and shop (except for the Foot Locker outlet store that I couldn't resist).  The weekend was about taking time.

How did it turn out?  I learned a LOT about myself.  I have been praying more about humility (specifically the lack of it) and not judging folks.  The humility part was accomplished in many ways this weekend.  So was the not judging folks part.  I also learned some very important things about relationships that got through to me in a unique way.  It was an interesting weekend.

I guess I will get over the fact that I couldn't find any irresistible bargains at the Foot Locker outlet.  ;-)

I encourage you (or you and your significant other) to take time.  It really is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment