Monday, August 26, 2013

Deeeeeeeeeeeeep rooted

Our Daily Bread
I like all kinds of music.  One "fringe" group from my youth was Sha-na-na.  They sang 50's music and dressed the part with slicked back hair and black leather jackets!  I always admired the bass who had a deeeeeeeeeeeeep voice.  I found out later that he was a classically trained basso profundo!  Wow!

God spoke a timely message to me again this morning.  First, He reinforced my journey to be deeeeeeeeeep rooted in his Word and in prayer.  How else can you learn discernment about what to do?  Second, he spoke to me about a specific situation in my life.  There are times you have to let friends (trees) waver and struggle to grow roots on their own.  They have to learn from their own choices.  It is difficult to watch someone you care about learn those lessons.  It often ends badly when you try too hard to spare them those very personal lessons.  Lastly, God reinforced the importance of seeking wisdom in every part of your life.  Praise God!

Lord, thank you for offering us a better way of life than we could ever device ourselves.  Thank you for offering wisdom for those who truly seek it.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Elysium last week.  The plot was an interesting mix of sci-fi and human interest.  The movie is set in 2156 AD and shows how the planet and society has declined.  That is except for the folks who are rich enough and fortunate enough to live on a luxurious space station called Elysium.  There is technology on Elysium that can heal any illness.  The healing bed was very cool.

If you didn't get too hung up on the actual technology needed to make a space station like Elysium happen, it was much easier to enjoy the story and the characters.  Matt Damon and Jody Foster were great in their respective roles.

I give this movie two bear paws.  It is definitely rentable or go to a matinee (or use a Groupon like I did...).

****************************************
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment