Friday, August 16, 2013

Herding cats

Our Daily Bread
I was helping a buddy catch his cats so we could put them the laundry room before a house showing.  The cat thought we were playing a game, so I chased him around the large house.  He went into one of the bedrooms, so I shut the door with us both inside.  After almost reaching him under the bed, I trapped him under a bench.  I kept leading him so an area when I could take him to safety for the afternoon.

God sort of does that with us in my opinion.  He tries to lead us in the paths that are best for us, but we can play games or not want to go down the paths that are best for us.  God sends the Holy Spirit to speak to us and take us to a safe place for our own good.  God only wants what is best for us.  Let's follow him today and every day!

Lord, I know it must seem like you are herding cats at times, but please don't give up on us!

Foodie Friday
I saw this recipe on Facebook.  It looked yummy.  Not sure when I will try it.

On a separate note, I whipped up some homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing recently.  I highly recommend the homemade stuff.

Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole 

Ingredients

2lbs chicken breast
8 potatoes
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS fresh Ground Pepper
1 TBS Paprika
2 TBS Garlic Powder
6 TBS Hot Sauce
{Toppings}
2 cups Shredded Cheese
1 cup crumbled Bacon
1 cup diced Green Onion

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven 500F
  2. In a large bowl mix Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder & Hot Sauce
  3. Cube the potatoes & add to the bowl
  4. Coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray
  5. Add potatoes, allow for excess sauce in the bowl
  6. Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes, stir every 15 minutes
  7. Cube the chicken & add it to the bowl with the left over sauce
  8. Mix together cheese, bacon & green onion in a small separate bowl
  9. Once potatoes are done, add the uncooked marinated chicken
  10. Then layer the toppings over the chicken
  11. Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked


For more ideas and recipes, follow https://www.facebook.com/sheri.johnson.1650 or join me https://www.facebook.com/groups/350404505062278/

*************************************
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Prov. 3:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment