Thursday, August 29, 2013

Love one another

Our Daily Bread
We have all heard the sermons "love one another" over and over again at church or on TV or in our daily devotionals.  I don't know about you, but I think I have gotten sort of numb to the message.  I find myself brazen enough to think "How could I possibly love others any more than I already do?"  Whoa....  No lightning.  Whew!

How can we love others better?  Christ tells us in John 13:34 -- we are to love others like Christ loved us.  What?  How can we possibly do that?  To be frank, we cannot under our own power.  We can only love others through the love that God showed us!  Let us pray to love others better.  Let us pray for a humble heart so we can do our best!

Lord, thank you for the love you showed us.  Please help us show that love to others!

Technology Thursday
Be careful!
I know I use this line at the end of my Facebook greeting each morning when I speak about being active.  I mean be careful with your computer, phone and tablet in this blog entry!  Here are a few reasons.

New viruses and malware for PCs
There is a retro type virus going around again that locks up your PC with a fake FBI or NSA security warning, then requires a $300 money card code to unlock it (supposedly paying the fine for the violation).  This is a fake.  Do not fall for it.  You can try running updating your anti-virus and malware software, then running a full scan to get rid of it, but I doubt it will work.  You will probably have to get your machine reinstalled.  As a precaution to this kind of virus, always keep current backups of your data.  Always be careful of the files you open and the emails you read.

Android viruses
Everyone is raving about the Android operation system for phones and tablets.  The problem is that 80% of the malware and viruses written for mobile devices is written for the Android OS.  It is much easier to write malicious code for this operation system because it is so "open".  Be careful!

****************************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment