Monday, August 19, 2013

Forget me not

Our Daily Bread
Like the author of the devotional, I also worked in a nursing home for a few years after college.  It was a very humbling experience as I saw many forgotten folks live our their lives, sometimes in utterly despair and confusion.  I couldn't see that every day and had to get out of that vocation!

Can you imagine what it must be like for God to watch us each day?  I am sure we walk around, lost and alone, in despair and confusion, as we try to live our lives on this planet.  Yes, I realize that is an over dramatization!  It is what I do!  ha!  I ask each of us to take a look at our life to see how we can better serve God, how we can give more of ourselves to him.  Praise God!

Lord, please listen to your children praying.  Please help us to trust and follow you!

Movie Monday
I saw something old and something new this week: The Conjuring and One for the Money.

The Conjuring
This movie is one of the best scary movies I have seen in a long time, if you like that kind of thing.  It is spooky and scary and disturbing all in one well-done package!  It is based on a true story, which makes it even spookier!  The plot is about a family that is haunted by several spirits after they move into their home.  They finally get in touch with the demonologist and his clairvoyant wife, who help them.  It was very well done, with just enough "hokeyness" to make it fun, too!

 I give this one three bear paws.  It is rentable preferably on a dark and stormy night...

One for the Money
I didn't see this movie in the theaters last year.  It has some cute parts to it, but it is not a great movie.  I think the main character would have been dead the first day on the job in the real world!  The plot is about a woman who is desperate for work, so she becomes a bounty hunter for her bond agent cousin.  The big catch is an ex-boyfriend who skipped his court date.

I give this movie one bear paw.  It is free on Amazon Prime.

*****************************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment