Monday, August 5, 2013

Hopeless

The Upper Room (the odb.org site was down today)
When I use the word "hopeless", I am usually joking with someone or someone has joked with me.  "Yes, I know, I am a hopeless flirt" or "I know that teaching me to ice skate is a hopeless endeavor".  ha!  Beyond that, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt of the hope I have in God!  Praise God!

Yes, our hope is from the Lord.  He gives us every good thing in our lives (or at least gives us the strength to obtain every good thing in our lives).  I have thought about hope a lot the past few months.  What are you hoping for?  Do you place your hopes and dreams in the hands of God?  Do you believe in the things that He promised you without a doubt?  Please know that there is hope in the power of our God even when things seem beyond hopeless to the human eye!  Like the solitary flower in the devotional, I pray that we can all look for the signs of hope in our lives today!

Lord, our hope and strength come from you.  Please help us have faith and serve you!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie The Way, Way Back last week.  It wasn't on my movie radar until I looked over my options.  I noticed that the critics and viewers agreed that this is a great movie.  That is unusual!  I must admit that I agree with them as well.  It is a great movie!

The plot is a coming of age story of a 14 year old boy that goes to the summer house of his mother's boyfriend.  There are lots of sub plots and interesting characters, which endeared me to the movie.  There is more than just the boy coming of age!  If you like these kinds of touching movies, and I usually don't, you will love this movie.

I give it three bear paws.  It is a great matinee movie or an excellent NetFlix view when it is available.

********************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment