Friday, August 23, 2013

Got light?

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever lost power in the middle of the night?  Have you ever camped out in the wilderness with little or no civilization around?  You have experienced the absence of light.  I also experienced some when I was going through my eye issues and had to wear patches on my eyes occasionally.  It is an uncomfortable feeling to me.

After thinking about this more, I appreciate the bravery of my blind friends to live and prosper.  They can feel light or at least the effects of it, but can never actually see it.  Can you imagine wandering around with no light in your life?  There are billions of folks on our planet that walk around every day without the light that really matters - Jesus Christ.  At this point in my life, I could not even imagine a life without Jesus.  Can you?  He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.

Lord, thank you for giving the light of your Son Jesus.  Please help us walk towards the light!

Foodie Friday
A close friend invited me to the CRAVE Columbus event at Tucci's on Monday night to celebrate my birthday.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  I decided I would try everything they had on the fancy menu for the evening.  Here is what I think about it.

Tucci's Mussels - Never had mussels before.  These were pretty tasty.  I think I will try them again!

House cured Breasola style beef - this flavorful beef was gently placed on top of a light crusty bread  with parsley salad, creamy mustard dressing and antipasto garnish.  The capers really added a nice mix of flavors to the rest!

Calamari "fries" - The calamari was not your usual quarter or half dollar size rounds.  It was cut into meaty strips, lightly battered and deep fried.  They were served with grilled tomato dip and cucumber-yogurt sauce.  Wow!  This is the only way I have ever liked calamari!  I would definitely eat this again!

Tuna Poke - This was a tasty piece of tuna in tamari soy syrup, wasabi honey and srirachi aoli in a squid ink cone.  It sounded really gross when I read the description, but it was great!  I recommend it!

They also had assorted cheeses and crackers and crudite (veggies) and hummus.

The restaurant is located at 35 N HIgh Street in Dublin, Ohio.  Give it a try!

***************************************
The Lord gives us His grace to live purposeful lives of faith as we await His coming.- Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment