Saturday, February 8, 2014

Did I do that?

Our Daily Bread
A popular TV show in the 80s had a character that would look at the carnage he created through his silliness and ask innocently "Did I do that?"  ha!

As Christians we can do that at times.  We can sin unknowingly and realize later the problems we caused for ourselves and for others.  We can also knowingly  sin and ask innocently "Did I do that?"  Of course we did!  ha!  I told a new friend why I try to live the best I can for God.  He assumed that I didn't want to sin because of guilty feelings.  I told him that it was because living for God was the best way for me to live for all parts of me -- physically, emotionally and spiritually.  Praise God!

Lord we thank you for giving us the best way to live our lives -- for you!

Simply Saturday
I had a much busier week than I planned  I hate that!  Like I talked about above, we can knowingly or unknowingly sin and see the "wages of sin" until much later.  I put off earning the PDUs that I need to renew a certification until the last few months.  Not good.  Earning those PDUs, both the expense and the time required, added to an already busy time.

Why am I telling you about this?  I ask for your prayers that I may keep God first.  That I may treat people the way they deserve to be treated at all times.  I have a tendency to get short with people (more than usual) when I get in to "get things done" mode.  Whew...  Knowing oneself is the beginning of turning things over more and more to God.  ;-)

I hope you learn more about yourself.  More of yourself that you can give over to God.

*************************************
As wise King Solomon said, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths” (Prov. 3:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment