Monday, February 24, 2014

Inconceivable!

Our Daily Bread
The 25th anniversay of the movie Princess Bride occurred recently.  There was a "where are they now" article about the stars.  One of my favorite lines from the movie, and there are several, was when the smart guy looked incredulously and said "Inconceivable!".  Each time the inconceivable event really happened.  Ha!  Rent that movie sometime if you haven't seen it.

There are so many times when we read the Bible that we have the same incredulous look on our faces and we almost say out loud "Inconceivable!".  How could God have won those victories for the Israelites?  How could this happen or that happen or how can we believe every story we read?  Scholars will say it is metaphor or a myth type story.  I choose to believe that God did make all those things happen thousands of years ago.  I also choose to believe that God can still work in hearts and lives today!  Praise God!

Lord, we believe.  Please help our unbelief!

Movie Monday
I was scheduled to go to the movies with a friend last night and it fell through at the last minute.  I finished some chores and had time to watch a movie on Amazon Prime that I hadn't seen before.  It was called The Moth Diaries.

The story line is about some 16 year old girls at a boarding school.  I watched the entire movie and wasn't exactly sure what happened!  It was a creepy spooky with some interesting characters and story line.  It was difficult to determine what was reality and what was in the imagination of the main character.  Check it out sometime on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I give this movie two bear paws.

*******************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment