Wednesday, February 12, 2014

X-ray vision

Our Daily Bread
I read a few comic books when I was a young boy.  I enjoyed looking at the ads in the back of the comic books.  Every boy's dream was to own a pair of X-ray glasses.  Oh what wonderful and naughty things we could see!  Ha!

I hadn't thought about the x-ray glasses for a long time until I read the devotional this morning about hyperseeing.  The x-ray glasses from my boyhood were the only things I could relate to hyperseeing.  The metaphor of God being able to see what we will become was very special to me.  I realized that I can sometimes see what people can become.  My only problem is that I often treat people like the person they can become instead of the actual person they are now.  My trustful behavior can lead to disappointment and heartache at times.  Those feelings made me realize how God must feel at times when he looks at our lives.  Wow!  Let's all think about that today as we live our busy lives!

Lord, we thank for seeing who we can become while still loving us for who we are today!

Wellness Wednesday
Here are the six tips.  Click here to read the entire article.
  • Rule No. 1. Don’t ever cheat. They never give themselves a break, not even on holidays or weekends.
  • Rule No. 2.  Eat breakfast. The National Weight Control Registry shows that’s one of the most common traits of those who succeed in keeping those pounds off once and for all.
  • Rule No. 3. Get on a scale every day.
  • Rule No. 4. Put in the equivalent of a four-mile walk seven days a week.
  • Rule No. 5. Watch less than half as much TV as the overall population.
  • Rule No. 6. Eat 50 to 300 calories less than most people.
*************************************
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment