Friday, February 28, 2014

You can't bottle this

Our Daily Bread
Evian - the French word for overpriced bottled water!  We have the cheaper American versions that are much cheaper.  We even have "purified water", water that is not spring water and has been run through purifiers similar to what I have in my refrigerator!

Jesus talked about Living Water to the Samaritan woman at the well.  The Living Water that Jesus offers us cannot be bottled or sold.  Instead of that water needing purification, Living Water purifies us!  We won't need case after case from Costco to keep us from thirsting again.  We know this water is only from God!

Have you accepted a drink of Living Water?

Lord, we thank you and praise for satisfying our spiritual thirst!

Foodie Friday
Been pretty busy the past few weeks so I haven't much time for cooking or eating out at new places.  I thought I would write about finding ways to be more efficient in the kitchen based on things I have learned.  I am not sure how helpful this will be to anyone other than myself, but here it goes.

Getting things done
There are times you just need to get things done.  I am making chili for a homeless ministry tonight.  Will I experiment with a new recipe or try to augment my tried and true recipe?  No.  I will make two gallons of my standard bulk chili recipe and be done.  It is good enough.  Actually it is pretty darn good, but not the recipe that I would usually serve my guests.  Finding balance and peace when you need to get things done with an acceptable level of quality can be a challenge for a foodie at times!

Find shortcuts
I volunteered to make four dozen cookies for a prison ministry.  When at Kroger, I realized that I could buy four dozen cookies pre-made for about $5.  Easy.  Cheap.  I couldn't have made them at home for that even though I had the stuff.  Don't be afraid to take the easy road at times.  There will be plenty of times for you to make your made-from-scratch creations for friends and family.

Treat yourself
When I say "treat yourself" I mean treat yourself with some healthy meals while you are busy.  You will find that you will feel better and not as stressed if you eat better.  I learned this lesson the hard way!  I forgot it too often!

Take care of yourself as you take care of or minister to others.  They are counting on  you!

**********************************
I pray the weight of my sins doth not crush me back to dust from where I came. I pray that God create in me a new, clean heart and place a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation. Praise the Almighty God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment