Saturday, March 1, 2014

See through the busy-ness

Our Daily Bread
My aunt posted on Facebook the other day "There is a white out in Litchfield" referring to the heaving. blowing snow that hit her little town.  I am so tired of Winter!

I thought to myself that our busy schedules can be a "white out" to seeing the things God has for us to see each day!  We get so focused on getting the mundane (or seemingly important) things done that we forgot to be open to seeing the things that God has for us.  We don't see the needy, the homeless, the lonely, the aged, or our own families.  We also don't take the time to appreciate the beauty of God's creation or the miracle of our lives!  As much as I am "done" with Winter right now, I am still in awe of how God created snow out of rain!  Wow!  Let's do our best to have our eyes open during busy-ness!  ;-)

Lord, we thank you and praise you for wonderful full lives.  Please help us always keep our eyes open!

Simply Saturday
Grace
A short entry today, bu there is homework!  ;-)  I heard a new song on the radio the other day, so I looked up the lyrics.  Wow!  It is Your Grace finds Me by Matt Redman.  Here are the lyrics.

I read over them several times and thought about the instances in my life where God's grace found me.  I am sort of old so I know I didn't remember all the times.  I am sure there are times when I didn't realize that God's grace found me.  I thought of one example recently that I often overlook -- avoiding a car wreck.  I was running a few minutes late to work.  If I had been on time, there was a very good chance that I could have been in a four car pile up on 670 West!  Yikes!

Review the times you know about.  Thank God for them.  Thank God for the times you don't know about.  As the devotional says above, pray to keep your eyes open!

********************************
The Lord gives us His grace to live purposeful lives of faith as we await His coming.- Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment