Monday, March 17, 2014

Bluuuuuueeee Skiiiieeesssss.......

Our Daily Bread
There is a beautiful song called Blue Skies.  Ella Fitzgerald crooned it many years ago and made the song famous.  It talks about blue days being over and blue skies being all we see.

Hmmmmm.  I think our harsh winter taught me about blue (or gray) days and how much to appreciate both blue days and blue skies.  The devotional does a great job of explaining that we need to clouds (or blue days) to keep our perspective.  The writer confirms what I have learned in my life -- clouds and blue days help us submuit to the sovereignty of God so restoration can begin!

Lord, you taught us to be content during blue days and blue skies.  Please help us remember that!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Mr Peabody and Sherman last week.  Very cute movie that reminded me of the cartoon from my childhood.  If you aren't familiar with it. Mr Peabody is a super smart dog that can talk.  In the movie, he adopted Sherman as his son.  That was odd to me, but it played an important part in the story line.  The story line was like an extended episode of the cartoon only better!  I recommend it for a rental.  No real need to see it at the theater.

I give this two bear paws for cleverness and the touching father(dog)-son interactions.

***************************************
 “The highest pinnacle of the spiritual life is not happy joy in unbroken sunshine, but absolute and undoubting trust in the love of God.” = A. W. Thorold

No comments:

Post a Comment