Monday, March 3, 2014

What time is it?

Our Daily Bread
I remember being warned when I started taking business trips about wearing a watch.  There were pickpockets that would walk up to unsuspecting strangers and ask the time.  When they saw how nice your watch was, they would decide whether to target you or not!  Yikes!  It was sort of like stealing time!

As children of God, we can also try to "steal time" from God by doing things our own way in our own time.  We aren't patient enough to wait for the good things that God has for us so we choose to accept lesser things.  I first heard this called "lesser things" in the song Blessings by Laura Story.  God loves us too much for us to accept things lesser than he intends for us!  Let's think about that today as we make our decisions!

Lord, you love us too much to give us lesser things.  Please help us wait on you!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movies this week.  Busy week!  I managed to watch some movie in my home theater.  I watched two of the "direct to video" Stargate movies.  My baby sister and I love the Stargate series of TV shows and movies!  Both are available on Amazon Prime.

Stargate: Ark of Truth
The story line in this one was odd and the action spotty, but it was still fun to watch.  These "movies" appear to be more like extended episodes rather than full-blown movies.  I give this one one bear paw.  Fun to watch if you are a fan.

Stargate: Continuum
The story line in this one was more interesting than the first.  Lots of plot twists and interesting story lines.  I give this movie two bear paws.

***************************************
“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen” (Eph. 3:20-21 niv).

No comments:

Post a Comment