Friday, March 28, 2014

If I could turn back time

Our Daily Bread
Oh my, I am quoting a Cher song in my blog!  Lord have mercy upon me!  hahaha  What would you do if you could turn back time?  How about going forward in time?

"I just don't undestand God's timing"  I think we have all said that at one point or another in our lives.  It took me a while to figure out that God invented time and that he is not held to its rules like we are!  He transcends time!  It is often difficult to understand why we should pray to God at all when we think about God's timing.  I think the devotional expresses it best: 
Author Samuel Enyia wrote about God’s timing: “God does not depend on our time. Our time is chronological and linear but God . . . is timeless. He will act at the fullness of His time. Our prayer . . . may not necessarily rush God into action, but . . . places us before Him in fellowship.”

Keep praying.  Keep having fellowship with God.  God changes us and the Holy Spirit teaches us what to pray!

Lord, we know your ways are not our ways and your timing is not our timing.  Please help us wait patiently!

Foodie Friday
My mother reminded me of the series of articles I wrote for a church newsletter about cooking for one.  I think I was just out of college when I wrote those!  The articles ranged from simple tips for cooking healthy meals for one or for easy ways to make pre-packaged meals taste more homemade.  Mom said she still has some of those articles and uses the tips!  Aren't Moms great!  Here are a couple of those tips for my Foodie Friday entry.

Frozen veggies vs canned veggies
It is very tempting and often cheaper to buy canned veggies to prepare for a quick meal.  The number of portions for a normal size can are usually more than one.  There is also a LOT of sodium in canned veggies.  I recommend buying bags of frozen veggies instead.  You can extract a single portion from the bag and close it back.  I would avoid the single serving frozen packs because they are way more expensive and usually have calorie-laden sauces or lots of sodium.

Cooking in bulk
My Mom and I both like cooking in bulk then having leftovers a couple of times during the week or freezing part of the batch of soup, etc for another time.  Soups work well for this.  So do some crock pot classics like pot roast.  Crock pot recipes are easy to cook and easy to clearn up if you use the crock pot liner bags you can get at the grocery!  

BOGO deals
I often buy buy one get one deals at local restaurants with coupons or my Entertainment book.  Eat one now and save the other one for later!  Be sure to get side dishes that microwave or reheat easily.  For example, I find that broccoli doesn't always reheat very well.  Ewwwwww...

******************************************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment