Monday, March 10, 2014

Mentoring

Our Daily Bread
Mentoring is an exciting and scary proposition.  I have done it several times in the technology field over the years.  I have also done it at church.  I have also been fortunate to have had several mentors over the years!

There are two types of mentoring discussed in the devotional -- a parent's mentoring and spiritial mentoring.
We have all read many articles about being good parents and being a Godly example.  The spiritual mentorng mentioned by Paul was about "imitating" him as he imitated Christ.  Talk about pressure!  ha!  We don't have Paul today, but we do have his example and the example of Christ our Lord.  Imitation is the best form of flattery!

Lord, please help us imitate you in our words and deeds!

Movie Monday
I had some time this week so I saw three movies. woohoooo!

Nebraska
This is one of the Oscar nominees that I hadn't seen yet.  I am glad I did.  Bruce Dern portrays an aging man with the beginning of dementia.  He receives a magazine prize letter and believes that he won $1 million dollargs. The interactions with friends and family and especially his youngest son are priceless.

I give this movie four bear paws!  Rare indeed!  It should be available for rental now.

300: Rise of an Empire
This movie came out on Friday.  It is both a prequel and a sequel to the original 300 movie.  If you really limked the first movie, you may or may not like the second one.  Lots of action.  Lots of scantily clad men.  Lots of blood and guts. It was interesting, but not outstanding.

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it on the big screen for the full cinematic effect.

The Lego Movie
What an adorable movie!  Some friends teased me about seeing a childrens' movie, but this had a lot of adult themes as well.  Emmett finds something accidentally and is deemed "the Special".  The movie sort of had The Matrix overtones but on a childrens movie/cartoonish kind of way.  It was very cool and very funny and I learned some life lessons!

I give this movie three bear paws. See it even if your friends make fun of you!

***************************************
The only remedy for hearts that “want it all” is the contentment found in the presence of the living God. He is sufficient for our needs and longings, and He alone can bring us the peace and contentment we’ll never find in the pursuits of this life. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment