Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Did I do that?

Our Daily Bread
There was a corny TV show on a few decades ago where the lead character would cause some kind of funny calamity, then ask innocently "Did I do thaaaaaatttt?"  The audience would laugh at his voice and facial expression.  I think my grandparents said the same thing to each other at a family gathering with their six children, 27 grandchildren and countless great-grandchildren!

The devotional was nice.  God giving us dominion and responsibility over earth.  Yeah, I got that.  I really liked the Insight section today.  Christ saw, felt and did something.  Wow!  During this season of Lent (and all throughout the year), I challenge each of us to look around us for the folks we need to help.  Feel the compassion and love that God gave us, then do something about it!  Christ did!

Lord, we learned from your example.  Please help us be like you!

Wellness Wednesday
I try to explain to folks that living a life in Christ is not only the most happy and peaceful, but it is also the healthiest in many ways.  The article below is an example of how to use Lent as a way to give up unhealthy and unwelcome things in your life (and we are not talking about food!).  Give it a read.

http://gs4nj.org/20-things-to-give-up-for-lent/

As one friend suggested on Facebook, we could try to giving up two or three a year!  Praise God!

***************************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment