Friday, March 14, 2014

Shiny!

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever seen the memes about folks with ADHD?  The main character starts talking about focusing and gets quickly distracted by a shiny object and he proclaims "Shiny!".  An old movie has a similar scene where a character gets distracted by a rabbit!  hahaha

Unfortunately, we can be like that in our spiritual lives!  We can be totally focused on living for God and SHINY! we get distracted by the shiny objects of this world.  DOH!  To be frank, it happened to me again this week.  I lost focus and lost control of my tongue.  That is soooooooooo not good!  The best we can do is our best.  The insight section of the devotional gives some tips to keep focus.  Check them out by clicking on the Our Daily Bread title above.

Lord, your love should be the focus of our lives.  Please help us not be distracted!

Foodie Friday
Figlios
I FINALY used my Figllios gift card today. I read about the place several times, but never made going there a priority.  I realized that one of their locations was next door to the training center I went to this week (last night and today).  I ordered carry out though I realized that I need to eat in the Grandview location sometime.  The people were nice.  The environment cool looking and inviting.  What did I order?

I had the honey wheat fire oven pizza with red sauce (you have a choice of sauces), pepperoni, Italian sausage and mushrooms. I also had a Caesar salad and a piece of red velvet cake.  The pizza was very tasty!  The sauce was great.  The toppings in nice quantities.  Very tasty!  The salad was just OK.  Not sure what happened there.  The red velvet cake had a nice twist with ganache chocolate frosting on the outside and cream cheese frosting between the layers.  Very tasty indeed!

I will try to go back again sometime or try the Upper Arlington location.

*************************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment