Friday, February 7, 2014

Ordinary people

Our Daily Bread
There is an old song that I love called Ordinary People.  Click here to read the lyrics.  The song emphasizes what we read about over and over in the Bible -- God using ordinary people!  I love reading those stories!  They make me feel so much better about myself!  ha!

Seriously, God will use anyone that makes themselves available to be used.  I have been learning about saints the past few years.  I have been amazed at the stories and the ordinary people that gave their lives to God.  Like them, we don't aim for sainthood.  We are to give ourselves to God to be used for his glory!  Let us pray for each other to do that today and every day!  Praise God!

Lord, you only ask that we give you our all.  How can we not?

Foodie Friday
Two things today.  A restaurant review and a recipe (sort of).

Italian place
My roomie wanted to go to Subway near the Giant Eagle grocery store on Dublin-Granville Road.  When we parked, we noticed a small Italian restaurant next door.  We decided to get pizza and salad instead of Subway!  DOH!  My roomie had a 10" pepperoni and jalapeno pizza.  I had the 10" pepperoni, sausage and mushroom pizza.  I also got a house salad.  All this set us back a total of $13!  Wow!

The salad was good.  Fresh lettuce and good dressing.  It was tasty.  The pizzas, however. were a disappointment.  We think it was the sauce that we didn't like.  The toppings were adequate and very tasty, but we had to choke them down with that sauce.  We couldn't quite put our finger on what we didn't like but neither of us did!  I doubt we will be going back.

Recipe: Shrimps in a blanket
I am looking for Mardi Gras appetizer recipes for my dinner group on Sunday.  I had an idea of my own this morning -- shrimps in a blanket!  I plan to roll the cooked shrimp in cajun seasonings and then roll them up in a crescent roll (much like pigs in a blanket).  I will probably brush the crescent rolls with some hot sauce or something like that.  I will let you know how they turn out!

*******************************
Living out of love for God and pleasing Him should be our heart’s desire. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment