Monday, February 17, 2014

Words can...

Our Daily Bread
Here are some poignant lyrics from Hawk Nelson's song Words:
Words can build you up
Words can break you down
Start a fire in your heart or
Put it out

I was reminded about words in the devotional this morning.  The crucial point for me was the last few paragraphs where it talked about listening to yourself before you say something to determine how you are communicating your point(s).  Are you being kind and effective?  Are you being emotional and/or inconsiderate?  It reminded me how many times I have said the right things in the wrong way, thus negating the important message I was trying to get across.  Yes, the way you say your words can say more than the words themselves!

Lord, please help us watch our words.  Please help us say everything the way our Lord Jesus would say them!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movies this week.  ;-(  I did watch an old movie on TV on Saturday -- The Beauty Shop.

I remember people talking about The Beauty Shop when it came out many years ago.  Queen Latifah stars in the movie.  Kevin Bacon plays a surprising role in the movie as well.  Queen' character opens her own beauty shop.  The movie covers a LOT of territory in the well-written script: racism, womens issues, gay issues, and small business owner issues.  It was pretty well done.

I give this movie two bear paws.  Rent it on Netflix or another movie service.

**************************************
Excavating your heart will unearth the beautiful things God has planted in you. - R. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment