Monday, February 3, 2014

Resolutions 2014

Our Daily Bread
Did you make any New Years resolutions for 2014?  Have you broken them all yet?  ha!  I have already noticed the number of folks at the gym decreasing (like me for example!).  I have kept a few of my resolutions, but I am struggling with what to do the rest of the year!

The devotional writer gave up on resolutions many years ago, but decided to add a new important one this year: to not judge folks and not be a hindrance to anyone.  Wow!  Very important!  She referred to Romans 14:13 as her scripture reference.  Check out that whole chapter and see what you think!  Are there any February 2014 resolutions we need to make?

Lord, we thank you and praise you for new beginnings and for your instructions on how to live our lives!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit yesterday after church.  I enjoyed the mindless yet suspenseful entertainment.  The movie was based on characters by Tom Clancy.  I don't think this particular movie was one of his stories.  The action scenes were OK.  The story interesting.  The characters engaging.  It was entertaining.

I give this movie two bear paws.  Not a lot of surprises.  Would be a great Netflix rental.

*************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment