Friday, October 11, 2013

A great personality

Our Daily Bread
I still remember the "deal breaker" line when a friend tried to fix me up on a blind date " a nice personality".  Yikes!  That usually means he is not much to look at, but I should give him a chance because he is very nice.  In my defense, I usually do!

I loved the way the devotional stated that a beautiful inside, as a result of the Holy Spirit working inside of us, results in a beautiful outside -- a nice personality!  Yeah, I missed some of that along the way.  I have to admit that I am not always the nicest person, especially at work.  I pray every day that I can become more beautiful inside and outside so I can be a witness for Christ.  Whew...  I have a long way to go!  

I hope you are praying about being beautiful inside and outside as well!

Lord, Thank you for changing our human nature into your Godly nature so we can live a meaningful life and witness for you!

Foodie Friday
I am on vacation this week at my time share in Orlando.  I ate a few places that I don't usually eat.

Giordanos:  The Chicago favorite now has some stores in the Orlando area.  Woohooo!  This is my favorite pizza.  I bought a large with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and ham and ate on it for a few days!  Woohoooo!  You can also order this online and receive a frozen stuffed pizza in the mail.

Bubba Gumps:  Yes, this theme restaurant based on the movie Forrest Gump is more about the theme and experience than the food.  We had the friend shrimp.  It was OK, not great. Mom and I got a side salad to reduce some of the fat and calories of eating fries with the shrimp.  Our server was great.  Remember that you can get some stuff in the gift shop for 50% off after you eat at the restaurant.

Carrabas: I love this place.  It is more expensive than Olive Garden, but I like the food so much better.  They also had whole wheat spaghetti, which was nice.  Very tasty meat balls as well.

Panera: Mom and I ate at Panera twice this week.  We both love that place.  We both had soup the first time.  I had the chicken cobb salad the second time.  Mmmmmmm

Epcot Food and Wine Festival:  Wow!  What a variety of food!  I was driving so I didn't drink anything. My favorite was the filet mignon at the Canada booth.  Other favorites were the sushi at the Japan booth and the ham and cheese dish at Germany.  There was also a nice chicken roll at the end of the trek (I forget the country).  We also had a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar.  Mmmmmmmmm!

***********************************************
Lord, I love you.  I trust you.  I thank you.  I praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment