Friday, October 11, 2013

He is there

Our Daily Bread
There is a song by 4Himcalled He will be there for you.  It talks about how God is always with us each and every day.  Praise God!  When a friend asked about relying on God, a wise friend answered "Oh, for every breath!"  It took me a few years to fully understand that statement!

One of the things I like about reading the Old Testament is seeing how my life journey parallels the lives of the people of Israel.  The ebb and flow of life and faith and sin and reconciliation with God.  The doubt.  The faith.  The realization that YHWH is the one and only true God, God Almighty!  The Hebrew oral traditions and books such as the Psalms reinforce the stories over and over so we can learn how to live our lives in God.  Read the Psalms as you get the chance.  I have been posting a psalm each Sunday for over two years now.  They are such a blessing!

Lord, thank you for peace, love, joy, mercy and reconciliation.  Praise God!

Simply Saturday
Faith
  1. 1.
    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.



I like this definition!  "Complete trust or confidence in God" is how I read it!  The word "complete" expresses a lot of things to me, like how we should live our lives in "complete" faith in God!  (See the first paragraph above talking about trust God for each breath!).

I was brought up with the definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." (NIV)  There are so many things in our lives that we take by faith.  We cannot see them.  We trust what others say or tell us about those things.  I told one friend that he should trust me when I express my faith in God!  

What do you think about faith?  What does it mean to you?  How do you live your life in faith?  Think and pray about that this week!  

*********************************************************
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians
16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment