Sunday, October 27, 2013

Source

Our Daily Bread
Several things come to mind when I think of the word "source".  Source of the problem.  Source of the information.  Source of a river.  Source of power.  All are interesting and educational metaphors we can use in our spiritual lives!  The source of the problem is usually sin.  The source of information can be the Bible or the Holy Spirit.  The source of a river starts as just a trickle.  The source of power, of course, is God!

The devotional talks about God being the source of our strength.  I love the imagery and description of God in the book of Job!  It always puts me in my place as I try to negotiate things with God.  When I try to rationalize my sinful behavior or disobedience.  When I complain while I am being "patient" and waiting for God to work.  Lord have mercy on me!  Please!

How about you?  Ever had any moments of discovering God like in the book of Job?

Lord, you made is in your image and we still can't understand you.  Please help us to have faith, trust and obey!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 117 is a VERY short psalm at only two verses!  They are very good verses, though, so take a look!

Psalm 117

1 Praise the Lord, all you nations;
    extol him, all you peoples.
2 For great is his love toward us,
    and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord.

************************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment