Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How life has changed...or has it?

Our Daily Bread
If you have read my blog at all, you have probably figured out the obvious -- I am sort of a silly old bear.  I am a character and I am proud of it!  I am a child or teenager trapped in a Baby Boomer body!  ha!  Many of my attitudes about my relationship with God reflect that mindset as well.

I like to think that I have a childlike faith.  I like to think that I don't worry like adults do.  I like to think that I trust God with everything so I can focus on the important things like serving Him and serving others.  What about you?  In reality, I worry more than I should.  I focus too much on things that really aren't important.  How about you?  Let us pray for each other to have the faith of a mustard seed and to trust God like a little child!

Lord, thank you for being patient with us while we learn to trust you completely!

Teaching Tuesday
I was confused about my readings for last week and this week.  Apparently I was supposed to read the book of Matthew and then read the text book.  Whoops...  I read the text book first, then read most of the book of Matthew.  In my defense, I have read through that book several times over the year!  ha!

What did I learn?  I learned to take the four Gospels as individual views of Jesus, each with its own goals.  The book of Matthew emphasizes living in Jesus and how to live your life.  Many of the stories reinforce this over and over.  It is beautiful when you look at it from that point of view.

Read through Matthew and write down all the places where Jesus instructs us how to live.  It is amazing!

**********************************************
We can thank the Lord that through His grace and power, our past is forgiven, our present is changed, and our future is bright with hope for all He has prepared for us - Our Daily Bread, 10/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment