Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Do what you can

Our Daily Bread
There are some restaurants around the country that don't have set prices on their menus.  They tell folks to "pay what you can."  Those who have the money pay like it is a real restaurant and those who can't accept the generosity of the owners (and others).

Our lives with God are sort of like that.  We are to "pay what we can" or "do the best we can" to help and serve others according to the gifts that God gave us.  One of my favorite stories in the Bible is the story of the widow giving a mite.  She gave the best she could even though it was a very small amount!  There are also scriptures that tell us that those who are faithful with little may be granted authority of much more later.  Let's all look at our lives to see where we can be more faithful and giving to those around us!

Lord, thank you for all our gifts and blessings.  Please help us share with others!

Teaching Tuesday
I apologize, but I did not finish my chapter on Matthew this week.  I slacked off since I knew I was going to be out of town for class and that we were studying the same chapter two weeks in a row.  I will finish it this week and write about it next week.

I used the fruits of the Spirit verses for my tag line today.  I am learning more and more about those every day.  Please pray that we all can exhibit these!

***********************************************************
The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, goodness, gentleness, faith, meekness, and  temperance - Gal 5:22-23 

No comments:

Post a Comment