Monday, October 28, 2013

Wait for it, wait for it...

Our Daily Bread
Timing....... is everything.  That is one of the jokes and facts about comedy, especially live performances.  The comedian has to set up the joke, wait for the audience to take the bait, then deliver the punch line with precise timing.  Well, maybe it is not that formulaic, but it does seem to work for many comedians!

When it comes to our faith, it is not "formulaic" either unless you think about the tag line from the devotional:
God stretches our patience to enlarge our soul.

God created that formula or methodology or approach, whatever you want to call it!  God works wonders in us if we just let him, if we have faith in him, if we love and trust him.  What an amazing God!

The devotional is yet another "it was written for Duane" moment.  One of those moments that I have difficulty believing even though I have seen God's timing over and over in my life.  I don't know about you, but I have trouble "waiting for it"!  Let us say one of my meditation statements together "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, I love you, trust you, I thank you, I praise you"

Lord, you are the One True God.  We thank you and praise you for letting us love and serve you.

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movie theater this week.  I managed to watch a new Bluray and a variety of streaming videos from Amazon.

Pacific Rim
Released to the theaters over the summer, Pacific Rim was released on Bluray/DVD last week.  I liked the movie at the theater, so I bought it for home.  When I watched it, I remembered why I liked it.  I thought it was a combination of Transformers and Godzilla all wrapped up into one!  Very fun movie if you don't take it too seriously.

Evil Dead 2
What a fun, kitchy, silly, scary movie!  It is a B movie about a "cabin in the woods" scary weekend.  The movie is full of fun and surprising twists and turns.  Don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it for Halloween!.  It is free on Amazon Prime Video.  Check it out if you haven't seen it.

The Italian Job
This movie is ten years old now!  Wow!  It has an all-star cast.  It has an interesting story line, but it took waaayyy too long to develop it in my opinion.  The movie could have been thirty minutes shorter.  It is free on Amazon Prime Video.  Check it out if you haven't seen it.

**********************************************
The only remedy for hearts that “want it all” is the contentment found in the presence of the living God. He is sufficient for our needs and longings, and He alone can bring us the peace and contentment we’ll never find in the pursuits of this life. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment