Thursday, October 17, 2013

Barriers

Our Daily Bread
Time and distance are the two most common barriers that people face.  The time it takes to travel somewhere or the distance to be traveled.  There are often other barriers like language, culture and religious beliefs.  What kind of barriers have you experienced in your life?

Christ broke through the most important barrier that ever existed -- the barrier between God and mankind.  You can use whatever metaphor you want like "renting the curtain in two" like the temple, bridging the gap or breaking through the wall that was much more difficult to tear down than the wall between East and West Germany!   Not only does Jesus break through that barrier, he calls us to relationship with God so we can experience heaven on earth.  Praise God!

Lord Christ, we thank you for breaking down the barriers between us and God.  We praise you! Please help worship and adore you!

Technology Thursday
The Apple announcement session is on October 22.  Woohooo!  I like the Apple gadgets and am usually willing to pay the extra money for them.  I haven't purchased a Mac.  I haven't jumped in completely!

I looked at the Samsung tablets when I was at Costco the other day.  I think their product line is very confusing.  That is just my opinion.  I noticed they are cheaper than the Apple products because they have the expandable memory slot.  I could have purchased a quad core Galaxy Note and added a 64 gig card for about 60% of the cost of the comparable Apple model.  I have been keeping up with the latest versions of Android.  I still don't think they match the ease of use and number of applications that the Apple devices have.  I also don't have to think about the iOS device as much as the Android devices.  I have several friends that disagree with me on these points!  OH well.  We all like what we like!

****************************************
The Lord gives us His grace to live purposeful lives of faith as we await His coming.- Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment