Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gently used

Our Daily Bread
Occasionally I like shopping at second hand stores where the merchandise is "gently used".  I have found some good deals on stuff over the years if I have the patience to look around!

I thought about how we must look to God when he calls us to salvation.  I was only eight when I accepted Christ as my Savior.  I was truly "gently used".  I think the worst sin I committed was stealing some chalk at school!  While there are many folks who were down in the gutter when Christ mercifully lifted them us, God still sees us a gently used.  He can take our torn and battered lives and patch them back together, eventually making all things new.  We can't always escape the wages of our past sins, but we can be assured that he will help us live a life that gives him glory!

Lord, we thank you for rebuilding us!  You have the technology!

Simply Saturday
The Gift has Arrived!
Most of the planet observed Christmas last week, the celebration of the birth of Jesus.  There are so many folks who received gifts, probably more gifts than they need or could use.  Some folks didn't receive their gifts at all due to the delivery failures of UPS and Fedex!  Yikes!

The question now is "what will you do with your gifts?"  Some people returned their gifts the first chance they had.  Some folks received gift cards that they may or may not spend (many gift cards go unused!).  Some folks pack away their gifts for a special occasion.  Some gifts go in the closet with all the others!

What will you do with the gift of Christ's birth?  Will it go unused?  Will you pack it away where you can't see it or deal with it?  My prayer is that you will accept and cherish this gift.

**********************************
Living out of love for God and pleasing Him should be our heart’s desire. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment