Friday, December 20, 2013

Safe in His arms

Our Daily Bread
I am not usually one for romantic movies like The Notebook or When Harry met Sally.  I do like the idea of being the strong man that shelters someone he loves from the world around us.  It would be nice to be held like that at times, too.

If we don't have someone special in our life to do that for us, we always have our Amazing and Awesome God to hold us.  While thinking about this topic in the car recently, I heard several "he will carry you" or "I love the way you hold me" kind of songs!  OK, I get the message!  It is truly amazing to feel God's presence in your life.  The calm assurance of the Holy Spirit as we face each opportunity for faith (notice I didn't say struggle!).  I pray that each of us can turn to him and trust him each and every day.

Lord, we thank you and praise you for your love and care!

Foodie Friday
Mimi's Cafe
I realize that life can be full of disappointments, but some things are just too much to bear!  An example is the new dinner menu at Mimi's Cafe.  I have enjoyed Mimi's since they opened their Columbus restaurant several years ago.  I enjoyed the wide variety of the breakfast and dinner menus.  You could eat a very healthy meal or you had many comfort food options.  Everything was very tasty and reasonably priced.  Apparently a French company bought Mimi's.  I noticed a French twist to some of their new menu options the past several months when I received the announcements and coupons from them via email.  I didn't realize they were completely overhauling the menu until last night.

My roommate had the grilled chicken salad with a side of french fries.  He said was OK.  It didn't have much chicken in it.  The fries were OK.  He thought the mini french baguettes in the bread basket were a little difficult to eat.  I liked those.

I had a "French" hamburger.  I was thankful it wasn't horse meat! (sorry, old French joke)  The cooked it the way I want, medium rare.  It was topped with bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing.  I got the dressing on the side.  I paid an extra 99 cents to get onion straws instead of fries.  The hamburger tasted sort of odd.  The bread was odd.  I ate the second half of the sandwich without the bread.  The onion strings tasted good, but seemed under cooked.  There were sort of mushy and inconsistent.

As usual, the service was attentive.  I noticed the atmosphere was not as busy as the restaurant used to be on a weeknight.  I wonder why.  I will try breakfast there to see what changed.  There are still a few of my favorites on the dinner menu, like the turkey dinner and the chicken pot pie.  I rarely ate those dinners.

On the bright side, a new friend is glad I won't be eating liver and onions there.  That sort of grossed him out!  ha!

******************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment