Monday, December 9, 2013

Rainbows and unicorns

Our Daily Bread
We were talking in my Bible study class a few weeks ago about how God works in our lives.  Some folks had the Old Testament and early New Testament thought that if bad things happened to you, then you were out of the will of God.  If you followed the will of God perfectly, everything would be rainbows and unicorns!  Yes, we joked about that last part!

The devotional talks about the other story in the Bible where God supposedly gives his prophet a trial by fire, so to speak.  The story of Jonah and the big fish is a very popular story in Sunday School classes around the globe.  I hadn't thought about Jonah's rebellious heart until I read today's devotional.  He blamed God for every bad thing when it was really his rebellious heart that got him into trouble over and over.  You don't see the humble cries to God like you did in the Book of Job.  The most amazing part of this story to me is that God still used Jonah to send his message to the people of Ninevah!  The people repented!  Praise /God!

Today, let's look at our own rebellious hearts.  What things are we holding onto that we ought to let go?

Lord, thank you for caring enough about us to allow things in our lives that help us grow.  Please help us to praise you and thank you in all things!

Movie Monday
I didn't see any movies at the theater this week.  I was trying to get some holiday stuff done last weekend.  I found great deals on several of the Bluray disks I wanted to add to my collection on Amazon.com last week.  They had Bluray disks as low as $3.99.  All the ones I bought were under $10.  Woohooo!  Some where newer, some were older.  Here is the list of the ones I bought:
Prometheus
X-Men First Class
Aliens
The Living Daylights
Quartet
BladeRunner - Director's Cut

I have a few newer releases coming next week - Despicable Me 2 and Wolverine - Origins.  I am looking forward to cozy winter movie nights in my home theater!

*****************************************
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.- Psalm 117:2

No comments:

Post a Comment