Monday, December 16, 2013

I want to live like that...

Our Daily Bread
I have seen several funny commercials recently where the driver of a car mistakenly goes the wrong way in his drive way and takes out the garage door.  DOH!  I hate it when that happens!  Going the wrong direction can be so damaging!

Jesus' life seemed to go in the wrong direction to the people of Israel that were looking for a political messiah to lead them back to power.  He was not that kind of messiah!  God had other plans in mind, even knowing in advance that this messiah would be available to Gentiles as well.  What an amazing life!  What a risky plan!  Ha!

As I mentioned several times in my blog entries, music speaks to me.  After reading the devotional today, the song Live Like That came to mind.  Click here to see the lyrics. Jesus lived his life and changed the world forever.  How will we live our lives?  How will we be remembered?

Lord, we thank you for your example.  Please help us live with the mind of Christ each day!

Movie Monday
I saw the new Hobbit movie after work on Friday -- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  I watched the 3D IMAX version.  It was pricey for an evening show, but I thought it was worth it.  The scenery and special effects were spectacular, as usual for a Peter Jackson movie.  The dragon scenes were incredible.  My problem with the movie is it moved too slowly for me.  My perception is the slow moving story line is the result of cramming one book in to three movies!  Ha!  I realize there is more than one book involved, but this story should not have been made into three movies.  Oh well.  I am sure I will see the next one in a year or two and enjoy it just as much.

I give this one three bear paws.  See it on the big screen or in 3D IMAX.

************************************
We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment