Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking forward to it

Our Daily Bread
Have you ever looked forward to something?  I know we just celebrated Advent where we looked forward to the birth of Jesus, but I mean something else like a vacation or a visit from friends or meeting someone new?  Sometimes the reality of the event is better than we imagined.  Sometimes not so much!

I know I am looking forward to being with God in our eternal home.  No more senseless sins.  No more ignoring God and his will.  No more striving to reject the evil of this world.  No more reality TV!  woohoooo!  ha!  Yes, being with our Heavenly Father will exceed any expectations that can ever have!  The Revelation in the last book of the New Testament give us incredible (and often bizarre) imagery of what we might see when we arrive.  No one really knows for sure.  All I know is that I won't be longing for earth and this life!

Lord, we thank you for the images of our heavenly home.  Our human minds can never understand your glory and majesty!  We thank you and praise  you!

Movie Monday
Saturday was movie day!  I saw The Book Thief and 47 Ronin.  And, yes, this was me...

The Book Thief
This is a charming movie about a young girl in Nazi Germany.  She went through so much in her young life.  She coped and overcame by reading.  I don't want to tell you much more or it might spoil the movie for you.  Consider seeing it.  It has been out for a while, so the movie may not be in theaters much longer.  If you want until it is available via rental, pick it first!  Be sure to have some tissues close by!

I give this movie four bear paws.  Excellent flick.

47 Ronin
When telling a movie buddy about this flick, I described it a "cheesy, overwrought and underacted"!  ha!  I had some very cool Samurai scenes, but they were too few and far in between.  I didn't dislike the movie, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than a rental or Netflix viewing when nothing else is on.  The story is about the Keanu Reeves character who is an outcast that helps some ronin (Samurai without a master) overcome injustice.

I give this two bear paws.  Rent it, unless you just love Samurai movies that much.

****************************
Tolstoy once said; “Where there is faith, there is love;
Where there is love, there is peace;
Where there is peace, there is God;
And where there is God; there is no need.”  Can your faith in God move you beyond your own needs and seek a way to live in this broken world and serve the children of God?  - J. Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment