Saturday, December 7, 2013

Light em up!

Our Daily Bread
How many Christmas trees do you put up in your home?  Do you decorate the outside of your house with lights and wreaths?  If I have time, I love putting up several trees and hanging icicle lights and lit wreaths on the front of my house.  It is fun to wait until dark, then light em up!

I think Christians need this reminder in our daily lives!  We have the light of he world living in us.  We don't always let in shine to others!  Light em up!  ha!  We can do this!  We can do this all year round and not just at Christmas.

Lord, we thank you for being our Light.  Please help us show that light in a dark, dark world!

Simply Saturday
Christmas spirit
I must admit that I am in "I am too busy singing to enjoy Christmas" mode this year.  Heavy sigh.  I did it to myself...again.  I really enjoy singing, but I hate getting booked for three or four or five concerts per singing group during this time per year.  The concerts are not that long, only 30 - 45 minutes.  It takes time to get dressed up in my tux or work choir uniform, then travel, then blah, blah, bah, humbug!  ha!

So what I have been doing to get out of my holiday funk?  First, I have been listening to Christmas music on the radio whenever I can.  I have it cranked up right now!  I love so many of the songs.  I enjoy hearing some of the new arrangements.  It is fun.  I don't mind hearing Jingle Bell Rock or Feliz Navidad a hundred times each!  ha!

Second, I am reading the daily Advent devotional email from the Episcopal church.  The one this morning brought me to tears as it spoke to a current need/situation.  God is so good!  That is the main point of Christmas right?  God communicating with us?

Third, I don't have a lot of time to put up holiday decorations.  Well, that is not completely true.  I sort of do, but I struggle with putting up lots of decorations only to take them down a few weeks later.  DOH!  I need to get over that.  Putting up at least some of the decorations gets me in the holiday mood.  I will work on that in the next few days.


Lastly, giving gets me in the holiday mood.  I won't mention my giving for this year.  I will say that it has gotten me in the mood to celebrate the secular side of Christmas.  Finding that the giving also helps me celebrate the spiritual side of Christmas is something I am reminded of each year!

May the Lord be with you this holiday season!

****************************************
I am far from perfect, but despite my mistakes and my sins, I will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon me - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment