Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Got a grip!

Our Daily Bread
Yes, you read that correctly.  The title of this blog entry is "GOT a grip".  This entry is not about a movie scene where the characters are crying uncontrollably during some horrible incident. The hero of the movie grabs them, slaps them across and face and yells "Get a grip!".  No, this is not that kind of entry!

This entry is praising God because he "got a grip" on me!  Praise you, Father! Thank you, Jesus!  That grip will never let us go at anytime in our brief lives.  He has us more securely than a parent gripping a child or even more securely than me gripping a pint of Jeni's ice cream on a Saturday night!  ha!  That is a tight grip!  Rest assured that he has us.  He will never let us go.

Lord, thank you for the grip you have on us!  Your strong, loving hands will never let us go!

Teaching Tuesday
We didn't have class last night, but I started reading the chapters for next week.  They are on the New Testament (in general) and Paul.  I finished the chapter on the New Testament last night.  I plan to read the chapter on Paul tonight.  I am livin' the crazy gay lifestyle where I read my Bible study lesson on New Years Eve!  Woot, woot!  ha!  I read when I can.  I have lots to do the next few days, but I digress...

The chapter on the New Testament discussed the general style of the books -- the letter.  It outlined the different types of letters that were common in that time period.  It also discussed how difficult it was to write and send a letter back then.  They didn't have a USPS like we do today!  The chapter also discussed the origins of the books.  We probably won't know all of those answers for sure until we reach heaven!  There are several theories!

The main thing I learned is how much of a risk that God took by revealing himself through the Bible via the imperfect human race. As we read the past two weeks, he gave us enough in his Word to bring us to salvation and to teach a little bit about him.  Yes, just a little bit.  The skies couldn't hold all the things that could be written about our Almighty God!

**********************************
The Bible is a like a "tweet" about God.  We don't have enough characters available to tell of His glory! - Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment