Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I am just here for the food

Our Daily Bread
One of my favorite movies is Ever After.  It is a retelling of the Cinderella story.  The actors chosen for the movie are so perfect for their roles.  One of my favorite lines is from one of the sisters who bounced an insult back to her evil mother late in the movie "No, mother, I am just here for the food."  ha!  Watch the movie sometime to see how really funny that is!

What are you here for?  I mean what you are hoping to get out of your relationship with God?  I sometimes think that I am only here for the food.  The church suppers are fabulous!  ha!  One of the prayers in the Episcopal church echoes the theme of this blog entry.  It talks about coming to church to receive only instead of offering ourselves to God.

What are you here for?  Let us think and pray about that today.

Lord, you are so loving and merciful.  Please help us show our love back to you every way we can.

Teaching Tuesday
We rad part 2 of And God Spoke by Christopher Bryan this week.  Very interesting read again.  I really like his thought process and observations.

The main point I got out of this week is: reading and studying the Bible is not about information, it is about transformation!  Reading and studying with a heart open to the Holy Spirit will change you!  Be open to that.  Don't be afraid.  Let the Word of God grow from within!

May the Lord be with you!

****************************************
You cannot say you've forgiven someone if in your heart you hope they are still suffering. Howerton

No comments:

Post a Comment