Monday, January 20, 2014

Are you serving?

Our Daily Bread
The concepts of being a servant and being less selfish still baffle me at times. How much is enough ?  What else should I do?  Should I give up all my hopes and dreams?  God taught me some things this weekend. Let's pray for each other as we seek the answers ro these questions!

Broadway Monday
Yes I am calling it Broadway Monday because I am reviewing the shows I saw this weekend!

The Book of Mormon
Oddly, this musical goes along with today's devotional!  There is a lot of irreverence in this musical about the Mormon church written by the guys who created South Park. If you can look past the language and irreverence you will find a lesson!  It is touring around the US now as well as sold out performances in NYC. 

Kinky Boots
This is the story of a young man that inherited the family shoe factory under dire circumstances. He figured out they could address the niche market of kinky boots to save the factory. Lots of drag queens and hilarity in this musical. It is also very touching at times. 

Once
This is a very unusual show. The actors also play their own instruments throughout. Very cool. It was very different than the other shows but I enjoyed it. The music wasn't my favorite but it was well done. Lots of Celtic music if you like that sort of thing. 

Matilda
Based on the book more than the movie, Matilda is a darker look at her story. Very very very cleverly done. Loved this show!  I saw the last performance of the latest Matilda. Very emotional!

The Glass Menagerie
Wow!  What incredible performances during this Tennessee Wiliams play!  Zachery Quinto and Cherrie Jones were amazing!  It closes on Feb 23 so see it soon!

Going to the Intrepid Museum today to see my third space shuttle. Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment