Friday, January 24, 2014

We ain't never done it that way before

Our Daily Bread
Yes, the title for this post is an exaggeration and I never do that!  ha!  Whoops there's one!  How many of us have heard some variation of this phrase in our churches over the years?  I used to hear something close to this phrase when I was a minister of music in Kentucky churches.

Why do I mention this?  The devotional had a great insight into how people interact with God.  They have a tendency to interact with him on their own terms instead of on God's terms.  God's terms are the only ones that matter!  This is a relationship between the Almighty God and us.  God granted us the privilege to have the relationship based on his love for us.  We have no leverage in these negotiations!  ha!  Full surrender to him is our only sensible option!  Praise God!

Dear Lord, we thank you and praise you for the opportunity to love and serve you.  Please help us surrender all and tell others!

Foodie Friday
I made a pot roast in the crock pot yesterday.  MmmMmmmm!  Talk about a great comfort food dinner for winter time!  The only problem is that I ate too much!

I started doing something a little different the past two times I made this recipe.  First, I put the roast at the bottom of the crock pot like normal and placed the cut up potatoes and carrots on top of it like normal.  Notice that I didn't say anything about spices or soup mix yet?  After placing the meat and veggies in the crock pot, I poured a can of Campbell's French onion soup and a can of beef broth over the meat and veggies.  This is different than I used to do.  Using this approach, the veggies get a taste of the onion and beef without being cooked to smithereens in the crock pot all day.  It was great!  Give it a try!

I plan to make some of the snacks for my EFM class on Monday night.  I plan to make some Ghiradelli chocolate chip cookies, some Honey Baked ham biscuits and some cocktail wienies in the crock pot.  MmmmMmmmm!

**************************************
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment