Monday, January 27, 2014

Spiritual landmarks

Our Daily Bread
It has been said that women follow landmarks when following directions.  Men seem to follow an internal compass that tells them which direction makes sense and feels right.  That is why we hate asking for directions!  ha!

I think we all have some spiritual landmarks in our lives.  Some in our past, some in our present and some coming up in our future.  For me, there is the little Baptist church across the street from my grandmother's house where I accepted Christ, North Eaton Baptist Church where I grew in the Lord and Seneca Lake camp where I experienced God on so many levels!  The present includes my current church, my EFM group and my roommate.  Who knows what the future will hold?  How about you?  What landmarks mean a lot to you?  Do they anchor your location and help you move toward your destination?  Let's think about that today!

Lord, thank you for our spiritual landmarks.  Please help us use our landmarks and our spiritual of direction to find our way to you!

Movie Monday
The weather outside was frightful, but my home theater was delightful!  I watched several movies this weekend instead of doing stuff I needed to do.  Yikes!  Oh well.  At least I completed my Bible study lessons!  Here are a few of the movies I watched:

Blue Jasmine
This is Woody Allen's latest movie.  His movies are always a mixed bag!  Cate Blanchett played a rich, spoiled woman who lost everything when her husband was arrested for embezzlement and fraud.  She moves to San Francisco to live with her estranged sister until she gets on her feet.  The story line is bizarre.  The acting is amazing.  Definitely interesting for a rental when you are in a weird artsy mood!

I give this movie three bear paws.

Red Dawn (2012)
This is the 2012 remake with Chris Hemsworth of Thor fame.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  It was well done in general though the acting was lukewarm at best.  It is mindless entertainment worth watching.

I give this two bear paws.

Kill Bill Part 2
I only saw the last part of this one (again).  There are some amazing fight scenes.  The swords and martial arts are amazing.  Like most Tarantino movies, there are some parts that are drawn out way too long!

I give this movie two bear paws.

Predator
This movie is a classic for me!  I loved all the Predator movies.  This was the first one.  Arnold is in his classic form.  There is lots of blood and guts so don't watch this if you are squeamish!

I give this two bear paws.

**************************************
Living out of love for God and pleasing Him should be our heart’s desire. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment