Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tapping my foot patiently

Our Daily Bread
I have a joke with my friends about my ability to be patient and wait: I tap my foot patiently...  Yeah, like you can do that!  ha!  While I am stubbornly patient about some things, I have a tendency to take things into my own hands instead of waiting on God.  The results are usually disastrous and cost me money!  ha!  Oh well.

The devotional talks about our daily waiting on the Lord.  I loved the observation that waiting on the Lord is what helps us learn the difficult spiritual lessons in life: submission, humility, patience, joyful endurance, persistence in well-doing.  Praise God!  We can learn these things as we wait patiently!  As the devotional says, "waiting on the Lord is never a waste of time!"  Praise God!

Lord, please help us wait on you with patience and faith!  We love you and thank you!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 128 is another song of ascents.  It basically talks about how following God ensures success in life.  We know now that is not the case, but we learned that following God brings us peace and joy.  It does not mean great wealth and lots of children!  I believe that the great blessing bestowed on those who follow God is a heaven on earth -- at least as much as it can be!

Psalm 128

A song of ascents.

1 Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
    who walk in obedience to him.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table.
4 Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord.
5 May the Lord bless you from Zion;
    may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
    all the days of your life.
6 May you live to see your children’s children—
    peace be on Israel.

********************************
You are a success in God’s kingdom if you are faithful where He has placed you. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment