Monday, January 13, 2014

Victory!

Our Daily Bread
I can be a little over the top sometimes.  ha!  When encouraging some Christian friends, I talked to them about being overcomers not just survivors!  Victory over sin and the darkness of this world is ours if we choose to have faith and believe in the promises of God.

The devotional talks about this as well.  The story of the young church in Ethiopia.  The story of the church at Thessalonica.  God can help us overcome any obstacle.  His church can overcome any obstacle with the help of the Holy Spirit.  We can be the light of the world that we are supposed to be.  Keep focused.  Stay vigilant.  Support and love each other.  We can do this!

Lord, we have your promises.  Please help us rely upon you for every breath!

Movie Monday
I saw two movies yesterday: Philomena and Saving Mr Banks.

Philomena
This the story of a young Catholic girl who had a child out of wedlock.  50 years later she finally told her story and tried to find him.  I don't want to give anything away.  It is not the feel good movie of the year, but it has some amazing twists and turns  you will find amazing (at least I did).  The acting of Judi Dench was amazing as always!

I give this two bear paws.  Rent this one holding on to your children if you have any!

Saving Mr Banks.
This movie is the story of PL Travers who wrote the Mary Poppins books and her adventure of selling the rights to Walt Disney.  Boy, did that lady have issues!  ha!  Emma Watson was great.  I think you have to be in the right mood to watch this movie.  I was and liked it.  I can see how some folks wouldn't like it.

I give this one two bear paws.  Rent this one too.

********************************
 “The highest pinnacle of the spiritual life is not happy joy in unbroken sunshine, but absolute and undoubting trust in the love of God.” = A. W. Thorold

No comments:

Post a Comment