Monday, January 6, 2014

No audience

Our Daily Bread
I traveled with a singing group my first two years in college.  The experience was enlightening, especially when we were booked to sing in a small amusement park for a couple of weeks.  After singing almost all of our concerts in churches, we sang in a barn auditorium for folks that didn't know who we were (a Christian college group).  We had one show where only two people showed up.  We sang our hearts out anyway.  They left after the second song!  ha!

Today's devotional expresses my attitude towards writing this blog.  I started writing it just for me so I would stay disciplined about studying and reading and writing.  Like many things in life, you may never know the impact you have on someone's life by doing the "little" things you do.  It may not be evident at the time.  You may never know the fruits of your labors.  I remember hearing from college students many years after I graduated how hearing our group sing influenced their lives for God.  Praise God!

Lord, please help us serve you any way we can regardless if we receive earthly recognition.  Serving you is our greatest honor!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movie theater this week.  I had time, but not the energy!  I cuddled up to a bowl of popcorn and other snacks and watched my Christmas bluray disks in my home theater.  On New Years, I had an XMen marathon.  Some other movies I watched were Aliens or Predator movies and ended up with Fast and Furious 6.  Good times.

I hope to see Philomena and Saving Mr Banks this week.  I will let you know how that goes!

***************************************
Living out of love for God and pleasing Him should be our heart’s desire. - Our Daily Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment