Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I ain't got time for that....

Our Daily Bread
There was an Internet sensation last year when Sweet Brown was interviewed by a local news service after her apartment building caught on fire.  Her unique voice and personality spread all over the Internet when someone set her interview to a dance beat.  OMG!  It was hilarious!  My roommate and I STILL say to each other "I ain't got time for that!"  ha!

I see a theme developing for this week - waiting on the Lord.  Being patient.  I added the tag line at the bottom of my blog before reading the devotional.  It never ceases to amaze me how God works!  I think a lot about plans and changing plans.  If you read my blog at all then you know I am a planner.  I am usually pretty good about being flexible but not always.  ;-(  God is teaching me that my plans are not necessarily his plans. My ways are not his ways.  It is a difficult lesson to learn.  I have a peace knowing that God is working in me.  I also have the humility to know how much I fail him.  I know that I am not always the man I think I am.  Let us all take a step back today to reflect on God's plans for our lives and praise him for including us in his magnificent plans!

Lord please help us make your ways, our ways.  We thank you and praise you!

Teaching Tuesday
Hebrews
We studied the book of Hebrews and the corresponding chapter in the text book this week.  I would have liked to study all of the books attributed to Paul first, but our class took a different direction.

The book of Hebrews is not attributed to Paul or anyone else as far as we know.  It was written by an anonymous author that had intimate knowledge and access to the apostles (and maybe even Jesus).  It is not sure who it was written to or exactly when.  It was apparently accepted as "canon" or an official book of the Bible because of its remarkable content.

Here is the weekly summary we write for class:
This is Amazing
The confidence in which he writes about his beliefs.

This Befuddles/Bothers me
The sections about Jesus confuse me.
Paul did not write this book

This is worthy of Celebration
Hebrews 13:21-22

I want to Dig Deeper into this
Understanding why this book was written

Take a look at the book sometime.  Read your Bible commentary about it.

*****************************************
Waiting for God is never a waste of time. - Our Daily Bread Jan 26 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment