Friday, January 10, 2014

wait for it, wait for it....

Our Daily Bread
OK so I can be a jokester at times.  Even when I try to turn it off, my friends can tell when I have something to say by the look in my eye.  They tease me "wait for it, wait for it" knowing full well I will eventually say it!  DOH!

It has been brought to my attention the past few years that I have a waiting problem - I don't really anticipate the coming of Jesus in my lifetime.  Is that wrong of me?  To me, thinking that Jesus might come every day is like studying for a final exam the day of the test.  I think a lot of folks think of it that way.  I would prefer to study (and work) consistently my whole life.  I might be splitting hairs with these comments.  I guess I am saying we should live the same way whether he is coming or not -- we live for him!

Lord, please help us be patient in life for the good things you have for us.  We thank you and praise you for the sunshine and the rain in our lives!

Foodie Friday
I bought some inexpensive steak on sale recently.  I had a taste for Salisbury steak like my family used to make.  Here is the closest recipe I could find.  I will make it in the crock pot tomorrow.  I will have mashed potatoes and veggies with it.  MmmMmmmm!

Slow Cooked Cube Steak  (Salisbury Steak)

4 cube steaks, tenderized 2-3 times
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon of oil
1 packet Lipton french onion soup with mushrooms mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can water (I use the soup can to measure)

Melt butter in large skillet and add olive oil. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together. Dredge steaks in flour mixture. Transfer to hot sizzling skillet and brown on both sides. Move to slow cooker. Mix together the mushroom soup, water, and Lipton's soup mix. Pour mixture over the cube steaks. Cover and cook on LOW for around six hours or until the steaks are falling apart tender. If you want thicker gravy, whisk 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to 1/4 cup of milk and add to gravy in crock pot once steaks have been removed.

**************************************
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment