Saturday, August 29, 2015

It only hurts when I breathe

It only hurts when I breathe

I thought a lot about pain this week as I have been having issues with a tooth. It seems to hurt all the time, even after picking up pain meds at the pharmacy and taking them in a timely manner. I started thinking about folks who might experience pain like this, or much worse, on a daily basis. A life of pain. I started to be a little more understanding of others. Empathy I think they call it!  LOL

I am sure you have heard the common saying "don't judge a man until you walked a mile in his shoes". I have large feet, so I don't think I want to do that!  hahaha  I suggest that we don't judge the man or woman even AFTER we walk a mile in his or her shoes!

I feel like a wimp in some ways because this tooth isn't healing up correctly. I have a follow up call with my dentist today and a follow up visit on Sunday. We are afraid the inflammation in the broken tooth could be affecting the teeth around it.

So after reading a great article on FB this week, I am NOT going to say "everything happens for a reason". I had a discussion about this with some friends a few months back.  The reason a lot of us experience unpleasant thing is because we make bad decisions. I begged a friend who consistently makes very bad decisions to really think about his life and what he could do with it.  I love him dearly, however I hate hearing the broken record about his horrible life (filled with horribleness from making bad decisions).  We can only pray at times.

The bottom line: no matter what you are going through -- keep your eyes, heart, mind, soul focused on our Almighty God.  May the Lord be with us!

**********************************
We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives
Its time for us to more than just survive
We were made to thrive
- Thrive by Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment