Saturday, May 21, 2011

18 with 33 years experience...

Our Daily Bread
I hang around with several folks that are 10 - 20 years older than me.  I like that.  I learn so much from them.  Every once in a while, they learn from me as well.  ;-)  The devotional today talks about getting older.  I liked the tshirt mentioned.  My version is "I am not 51.  I am 18 with 33 years experience!"

This topic has a little different meaning for gay guys.  I hate to admit it, but many gay guys are more vain and more "youth-oriented" than we like to admit.  Personally, I have a different view of things.  I talk about it with my friends often.  They long for the days when they were young and cute.  I am happy to be alive after almost dying twice in my life.

The bottom line: getting older is a privilege.  Be thankful.  Be fruitful through your faithfulness to God.  I think the only bad thing about getting older is being unfruitful!

Lord, thank you for my days here on earth.  Help me make earth more like heaven while I am here.

Simply Saturday
For the second Saturday in a row, I slept in!  That is unusual for me.  I have a few things to do today before going to the dinner and movie outing with the group from work tonight.  My buddy from out of town may get done with his work to join us.  We will see how that goes.

I am supposed to go to a movie with a buddy tomorrow after church.  He had surgery two weeks ago and hasn't been getting out of the house much.

I had lunch with one of my ministers yesterday.  We had a great talk.  I really appreciate him.

I hope you have a great day.  Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment