Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ready, FIRE, aim...

Our Daily Bread
Yes, it is a little out of order.  Shouldn't it be Ready..Aim... and then FIRE!?!  hehehe  There was a business strategy in the 90's that promoted the ready, fire, aim approach.  The idea was that too many businesses took so long during the ready and aim stages, that it was too late to make an impact in the market when you finally fired!

I am a doer.  Someone that gets things done.  My problem is that I don't always do the right thing.  This approach can have disastrous results (which I have demonstrated over and over in my personal relationships!  hehehe).  There are other examples as well, usually resulting in costing me money to fix the problem!  Yikes!

According to the devotion, our approach as children of God might be: ready, listen, obey.  Get our minds and hearts into the mindset of listening.  Listen to God's direction to get it clearly.  Obey what He tells us.

Lord, I want to get ready to listen, listen and then obey.  Thank you for your love and patience.

Simply Saturday
I don't put a lot of stock in horoscopes, but I find some nuggets of interest some days when I read it on My Yahoo.  Here is an excerpt from today's:


<>

Wow, that could be a sermon starter for my ministers!  There are so many things in life that this can apply to.  I usually think of personal relationships because that has been on my mind a lot lately.  It can also apply to lots of other things as well.

The message I get from this is: I (or you) may not be the brightest, or the cutest, or the richest, or the most gregarious personality or come from the finest family heritage, or attend the best schools, or have the best health or blah, blah, blah,   None of those reasons give you an excuse to throw in your hand in life.  Keep playing with the cards you have been dealt.  Yes, sometimes you might have to bluff a little bit (or a lot).  You may be humming Lady Gaga's song Poker Face (hehehe).  Keep playing.

You won't ever win every hand.  You can walk away from the table with your head held high.

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment