Thursday, May 26, 2011

It is OK to be sad...

Our Daily Bread
Wow!  Another "it hit me between the eyes" devotional!  I have been feeling a little sad lately because some loss I felt recently.  I have been hard on myself for not recovering more quickly.  After seeing the movie The Beaver last night, I decided I will be more than fine and that I will absolutely not end up with a puppet talking for me!  hehehe  I find it amazing that there can be so much going well in a life only to have one little part mess up the mix!

So what I have learned?  First, I am much harder on myself that I need to be.  The sense of loss is real.  I need to talk about it more with my counselor.  I need to accept it and move on.  I can do this. I am doing this.  How long will this take?  It doesn't matter as long as I keep handing God over more and more of my life through this experience.  That is why God allows bad and odd things to happen to us.  We can look back later and see how they shaped our lives in a positive way.

I have a wonderful life.  There is not doubt in my mind.  I keep pushing forward with all of my strength.  I keep relying on God as best I can to grow closer to him and be more like Jesus.  I have a long way to go, but I will keep pressing on.  That is all I know how to do.  There is no valley too deep.  No mountain too high.  Others have blazed the trail.  I just need to follow in their footsteps even though I cannot see the where the road goes.  What does it matter as long as God leads?  Hallelujah!

I want to encourage you to move through your sadness or loss or whatever is impeding you from moving on with your life.  Turn it over to God.  God is there for you like he was and is there for me.  

Lord, thank you for allowing us to experience all types of things in our lives.  I am willing to do anything that will bring me close to you.

Technology Thursday
The big news is that there is some doubt over the ATT-TMobile merger will happen.  Lots of fears by the regulators about creating another ATT behemoth like it existed 25 years ago.  We will see what happens.

There is a lot of speculation, and I mean A LOT, about what features will be in the next generation iPhone.  They can't agree when the announcement will be -- June or September!  We will see what happens.  Personally, I want to see a better camera, faster processor, 4G support and better battery life.  I want it all!  hehehe  I would also like wireless sync, but that probably won't happen either...  ;-(

Have you seen the statistic on Internet use and Netflix?  Apparently the streaming of movies from Netflix uses the most bandwidth on the entire Internet!  Wow!  It will be interesting to see what happens with that going forward.

Barnes and Noble came out with the new Nook ereaders.  Some cool stuff.  Here is a link to the black and white version -> Nook.  There is also a new color one that can use apps.  Very interesting.


Other Stuff
I saw the movie The Beaver last night.  I will review it on Monday.

I have a had a busy week at work.  Whew...

I dropped off the brownie bites at church last night.  I think it is cool that we have refreshments at intermission for the church drama productions.  See The Childrens Hour this weekend at King Avenue!

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment