Thursday, May 12, 2011

Come ho-o-o-ommme, come hooooooommmmmmme...

Our Daily Bread
I am STILL amazed at the timeliness of the devotions on this web site!  Thank you, Lord!  I have been feeling a little out of touch with God lately.  I don't need to because he is always with me and is always trying to speak to me if he can get through to me.  That is not always easy.  I can be stubborn  at times...  DOH!

I think part of the reason that I haven't been praying as much or studying the Bible as much (this devotion is NOT enough!) is that I am finally realizing some things.  I need to let some things go.  "It's time for letting go-o-o" as the the song says.  I am a little sad about this.  I am also excited about what doors this will open. i will focus on the excitement and not the sadness.  ;-)  That is what I do.

Lord, thank you for the strength to let go.  I want you to lead my life. I know I suck at it!

Technology Thursday
As I mentioned last week, I bought an Android tablet computer at a huge discount so I could play with it.  It is a nice color eReader and web browsing device if nothing else.  I could not type on the thing to update my blog.  The keyboard was clunky at best!  I can type better on it if I use a stylus.  I had an old one laying around from my old Palm Treo device! 

The web browser did not support the dojo text editor on blogspot.com.  I was disappointed by that. It did do a nice job of browsing the Internet.  I tried downloading and using some apps from the Amazon app store. The Bible reading app is great.  I will look at that some more.  I will also experiment with the music and video features.

Overall, I think the version of Android that is on this device is clunky when compared to the iOS on my iPad.  Very clunky...  I will keep the device for an inexpensive reader to take when I don't want to take my iPad (it has sentimental value!).

Other Stuff
Busy at work this week catching up after being out of the office a few days.  Whew.  Getting ready for our release to production on May 20.  Busy night.  I will have more spare time next week.  I managed to go to a movie after work and before my prayer group last night.  I will review Thor on Monday.  ;-)

My landscaping is coming in better this year.  I would like to plan a lot more hostas in the beds in the back yard.  The ones I planted last year are coming up nicely.  There are some other plants that are doing well in the back and side of the house.  The garage side is still a little messy.  I will look at that if I have time.  I may try planters or something.  I have trouble making stuff grow on the side of my back porch.

Hang in there, my friends!  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment