Thursday, May 19, 2011

May I have a little break?

Our Daily Bread
Duane's open letter to God after reading the devotional today:
God, may I have a break sometime?  Please?  I know you told me to keep pushing forward in my life, but sometimes I just need a break.  May I have one please?

I guess that is not really an option for me.  May I have some strength and wisdom to help me understand what to do next?  How to feel?  How to make a certain relationship work without excluding the person from my life entirely?  It is difficult to even think of him some days.  You know this better than anyone because I asked you for healing for my mind and heart many, many times.  I hate misreading your will.  I hate wasting time and energy on something that shouldn't happen no matter how much I want it to happen.

So instead of a break, may I have more strength and wisdom to work through this relationship.  You have blessed me in so many other ways that I cannot complain about my no ordinary life.  I love you.  I thank you and praise you for everything that has come my way, even though I don't always understand.

Your child, Duane

Technology Thursday
I love smartphones.  I like keeping up with the latest and greatest even though it is difficult now with many, many new models arriving at the cell phone carriers each week. I spoke with a Verizon rep yesterday who told me that one of the new Samsung models will be called a different name on each network!  That is crazy!

Here is my pick of the week:
The Droid Charge by Samsung that joined the Verizon Wireless offerings last week.  It is another 4G phone built on the Android operating system.  It has received great reviews, almost sounded surprised that they liked it so much.  The most common comment is that the battery life is good for a smartphone.  Lots of neat features including an 8mp camera!

Other Stuff
I had a free night so I ran some errands.  Had a nice supper at Red Robin.  Picked up a few things at Costco.  I also did a few things around the house.  One interesting errand was when I tried to return an extra Android tablet to Bed Bath and Beyond.  There was a mixup that caused an extra device to be shipped to my house.  I returned it because it was the right thing to do.  I was not charged for the item, so it was not fair for me to keep it.  I did get a receipt that I returned the item in case BBB tried to charge me for the second one.  ;-p

Going to relax tonight.  I have several social events planned over the weekend.  Should be fun.  ;-)

Hang in there, my friends.  I will be upbeat and steady.  That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment